Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Good Ol' Amercian Flag

Well, I've never hung a flag outside in my life, and I don't think my parents have either. But there is something about being overseas for a while to make a person feel more patriotic. I may not like everything about the US, but it is my home. With Jose being sent on the Boxer, we agreed that the boys and I would hang a flag outside, sort of in his honor.
Well, Jose mentioned that the flag is supposed to be taken inside in case of rain, and every night. Wha??? Way to much work for me, plus the neighbors here on this base have flags and they never bother with all of that. Lo and behold a neighbor mentioned in the sweetest way, that it is indeed poor flag "respect" to leave it out after sundown etc. So now I have a new chore, which is ok.
I love the Navy folk. They are conventional folk, and they like you to be that way too!

No comments: