Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Aquarium at Miyajima


Miyajima Island was beautiful. Now, I'm going to tell both of my readers the truth here: I have lots of pictures of the glorious old shrine and the tori gate that seems to float in the sea. There is a fine misty rain falling that only adds to the ambience of this beautiful place. Unfortunately, these pictures are sideways, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn them right side up without crashing the computer. I am sure the problem lies somewhere between the keyboard and the chair, and I'm to embarrassed to ask our neighbor who is a computer guy on the Shiloh.
So anyway, after the shrine we had lunch and then went to the local aquarium which is always a hit with the kids. Japan does have some very good ones. Here, they had two sweet, timid little penguins who parade around and get petted by people of all ages. I love penguins. We couldn't get out of there without getting Nate a penguin stuffed friend.

No comments: