Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Boys and Bonfire



Well, over here on the Ikego base people drag out their fire pits and roast things in them. Things like marshmallows, sticks, and old Pocky treat boxes. The boys were in heaven. Back home in Minnesota, the fire pit was something we used to do with Dad, but this time our neighbors got theirs out and all the makings for smores, for the whole cul de sac. The smoke kept the bugs away so we were able to talk about our kids, our husbands, other people's kids and their husbands, and whatever neighbors weren't there. It was nice. The chair Nate is sitting in was from the Second Hand Rose. I dig the SHR, because I can shop all I want and be a greedy consumer, yet still feel like I'm recycling by getting things that might otherwise end up in a landfill somewhere, and also know that the profits go to various charities around the base. Anyway, I ate at least as many marshmallows as the boys did.

No comments: