Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mommy's First Speeding Ticket in Japan

Well, I suppose it was only a matter of time before I got one of these! To be fair, I was in a tunnel speeding along with all of the Japanese motorists who can be just as rude as Minnesotans to people who happen to be driving safely and slowly within the limit. Anyway, I had a "Y" plate on my car which clearly marks me as a foreigner. But more importantly, I was at the end of a long line of speeders, right in front of a handsome young police officer. Doh! Well, he didn't speak English and I don't speak Japanese, aside from a couple of classes which I promptly forgot the content of. You can see the 22, which is how much faster I was going, in Kilometers per hour. And you can see the 15,000.0 which is how much I had to pay in Yen, about $150. Ouch!!
The final spank, was that they sent a letter to Jose's command reporting my breach, to be sent to him. Jose has been told that he is responsible for my and the childrens' behavior, as we are sofa-sponsored dependents of him. I'm still waiting to be properly punished! ;))) Poor poor Jose!

No comments: