Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to school...

Well, the boys are back to school now and there is a strange feeling in the house. Not entirely unpleasant, actually. Last night was baths and packing and repacking backpacks with all of their supplies. Supplies are different these days, from when I was young: 1 GB thumb drive and computer headphones for Nate! Frankie is nervous about 8th grade. He is a highly intelligent, sweet and painfully shy fellow. Such a good boy. And Nate is excited to see all of his buddies and hoping he'll have a nice and somewhat lenient teacher. Me too. :)
Like we have done every year, I got up early and made cinnamon rolls (from a can of course, I'm no Betty Crocker). Now I sit at the computer smelling the rolls, drinking coffee and listening to the Power Puff Girls which the boys left on the TV when they left. Ahhh. Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaww, the boys are back in school! Good luck guys! I hope it all goes well this year :)