Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The "Palm Pilot"





Well, one of the neighbors, actually a middle school teacher, came over with a gift for each boy :) a couple of nights ago. Now, I felt a bit bad, since we did not have anything planned to give them and they are actually a nice couple. (Ahem - she is a nice person even though she once yelled that she would like to take a rifle and shoot all of the stray cats here in Ikego, and who in the double hockeysticks is feeding the damn things anyway - oops!)
Anyway, I decided to make this "Palm Pilot", one for her and her husband, using some scraps I had around, and throw them into a gift bag with some treats. Whew.
I can see that I posted the pics backwards, but you can see how I made it if you see the bottom pic first.
1) Cut out two rectangles 8x10.5. Use a water soluble ink pen to draw the lines.
2) Cut out one piece 5x1.75 and one 6.5x5.25 inches. Make sure the fabric print is aligned the way you want it, bot like I never did :)
3) Press a tiny fold around the edges of each small piece and sew onto inside facing fabric
4) Place the two large rectangles right sides together, and sew with a 1/4 inch seam allowance most of the way around leaving 3 or 4 inches.
5) Turn it inside out, iron and hand sew the gap with a blind stitch.
6) Sew on the ties - use bias tape for a shortcut.

No comments: