Saturday, June 7, 2008

it was only a matter of time...

It was only a matter of time before I combined my two favorite hobbies of this summer: Cricket and Cross Stitch. I only wish I had worse vices. Ones more interesting to read about on this blog. Perhaps I could make up something more scandalous, complete with photos. Anywhooo, On this cross stitch website, you can send in a photograph and they will, for a small fee, turn it into a cross stitch for you. Cool.
Today was a warm, sunny day, so Nate and I went to the base pool. Nate splashed in the water with his buddy, also named Nathaniel, while I sat in direct sunlight and tried not to feel so fat and sloppy next to the teenage lifeguards. My God, I did not need to see my legs in direct sunlight.
Afterward, we dragged Frankie from his cave and went to Chili's, which opened on the base around 6 months ago. Still working out a bit of the kinks there in the ole customer service area, but the food was great and our waitress was very kind about giving me my whole molten chocolate cake, which is completely appropriate for one person to eat in its entirety. My friend Saori and her baby were there also, and it was really nice to see her. She is like a sister to me, I just love her. Like a sister, she has sometimes got on my nerves, lik ewith her top-decibel driving tips, etc, but we still love each other dearly. I confiscated Ko-chan during the meal and got my baby fix for the day. I will probably not be bothering Jose for another baby any time soon. (Ha! Soon is all I got left, them eggs aint farm fresh anymore....) Anyway, its was funny that Saori refused to eat the black beans because she is Japanese, and a fairly traditional gal at that, and beans are supposed to be sweet. MMMM, yummy beans poured over ice cream....

No comments: