Tuesday, April 14, 2009

lots of class

I just taught private English lesson for three girls aged 4, 5, and 6. I tend to like the private lessons because I can splurge on better materials for the girls, than I can for a class of 26. This time we worked on what I am going to call "The Book of Me": a book the girls are working on about themselves, there names in English, birthdays, families, favorite foods, toys, friends, addresses and phone numbers. The covers will be construction paper and the ever loving yarn strung through the punched holes.

One of the craft blogs I like to read recommended the book "Ed Emberley's Great Thumbprint Drawing Book" and it finally came in the mail from amazon, used, for 11 cents. And $3 shipping and handling. Anyway, making little pictures from the thumbprints was the highlight of the class. Practicing writing English letters most decidedly was not the highlight. I live and learn.

Next, I need to plan another large class/party/free for all for the big group of about 20 to 30 or so little tikes. The theme will depend on what books are available to check out at the base library. Ha!

No comments: