Sunday, March 7, 2010

Frankie makes Gyoza

Last night my good pal Yuri came over, we went shopping for Japanese food at the Japanese market, and Indian at the Indian market. We came home and I made a big pot of Mulligatawny Soup with coconut milk, curry leaves, coriander seeds, cinnamon, cloves, turmeric, ginger, green hot peppers, garlic and onion, a potato, an apple, red lentils, oh, everything but the kitchen sink and we split it into Tupperware for ourselves. Then, Yuri taught Frankie how to make gyoza and we had a huge yummy batch of that. Good food, good friends, happy busy kids, and a wonderful way to spend a cool rainy Saturday!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I'm so jealous. I wish I was there. I loved your post on teaching the girl scouts. :-)

I have some needles that a knit group I was attending made. They are really cute. On the ends we used polymer clay. I like your idea of using stones.